- Two games in One, for double the fun. simple, straightforward controls, new playable characters optimized for younger and less experienced players, and a wealth of bonus content
- All a player needs is One Joy Con Controller, so two people can team up right out of the box: Number of Players: up to 4 players: Genre: Action, Adventure
- Tackle 164 platforming courses in the two main game modes and Enjoy extra replay ability with three additional game modes
- Two Super Mario Bros. Games in One, for double the fun
- A variety of playable characters are available, some with unique attributes that affect gameplay and platforming physics
- New fighters, like Inkling from the Splatoon series and Ridley from the Metroid series, make their Super Smash Bros. series debut alongside every Super Smash Bros. fighter in the series…EVER
- Fast combat , new items, new attacks, new defensive options, and more will keep the battle raging whether you’re at home or on the go
- 2018 Nintendo. Original Game: Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc
- Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) Content Description: Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief, Suggestive Themes
Season 10 of Fortnite has finally arrived and with it came some of the biggest changes we’ve seen yet. From new locations and action-packed missions, season 10 has done everything but disappoint.
The PVP battles have intensified and will be more challenging for players so if you want to get better at playing Fortnite you’ll need to learn some new tips and tricks to gain a competitive edge (for game-changing tips, scroll down below).
From new, weekly-released Fortnite Battle Pass Missions that award players Battle Stars, XP, and exclusive cosmetic collectibles to the all-new, overpowered and controversial 2-person vehicle dubbed the “B.R.U.T.E” (which has some players wondering if a nerf is already in the making).
“Season X”, the official name, has become one of the most anticipated Epic-released seasons to date.
Rift Zones (teased about in Season 9) and new map locations were highly welcomed updates amongst Fortnite enthusiasts that have been begging Epic (Fortnite’s developer) to release new map sites.
The Vaulted Weapons were also updated and now include:
- Quad Crasher
- Flint Knock Pistol
- Semi-Auto Sniper
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Mounted Turret
- Air Strike
- Itemized Glider Redeploy (although still available in large team modes)
While there’s much more I could cover on Season 10, I’ll save that for another guide.
With that said, let’s move on to my top-3 tips, techniques, and strategies to becoming a Fortnite-dominating pro.
Strategize your drop-point location
The beginning of each round is an important one; it’s the stage of the game where you choose your spawn point.
Select a promising position to drop to from the Bus to gain an immediate competitive advantage over other players that may not choose an ideal route.
Skydiving to buildings is best (in my opinion) as structures commonly contain the most loot. This is why most veteran Fortnite players drop to such locations at the beginning of rounds.
Also, players skydiving to the same location as you can present a new set of unique challenges so you’ll want to keep an eye on other players’ routes.
If you see that you and an enemy are skydiving closely together to the same location, break away from the player(s) and travel to a new map site.
Otherwise, you may land on-ground near the enemies, which will distract you from acquiring a weapon and gathering resources (the two most important goals at the beginning of every round).
Picking the right Fortnite Skin
There are lots of new skins available in Fortnite season 10 including skull demon and a female version of the drift skin. It is highly possible that some of the new skins will also be added to our Fortnite rare skins list. Keeping up to date with these skins, and understanding which ones are rare, will certain help you to master the game and become a more advanced player.
Learning the “sounds” of chests will drastically improve your in-game performance and competitive edge as it’s easier to locate high-value chests that may contain stronger equipment and weapons more powerful than enemy players.
Chests emit a magical tingling sound that loudens based on its proximity to players. The closer to the chest you are the louder the sound becomes.
Chests usually contain a minimum of one useful item, sometimes a high-level item, and the best Fortnite weapons to use in-game.
Gear has six unique colors and it’ll be helpful for your gameplay performance to learn them (so you can avoid wasting time on picking up a blue equipment item when you already have a purple set).
There are six class colors, including:
- Common – Grey
- Uncommon – Green
- Rare – Blue
- Epic – Purple
- Legendary – Orange
- Mythic – Gold (Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity Blade are the only 2 Mythic weapons)
Learn the colors, remember the sounds, and you’ll find yourself equipped with better gear throughout more of your gameplay.
Remain protected as much as possible
This one may be obvious.
However, believe it or not, I’m amazed at how often I see Fortnite players running around in the open where they’re susceptible to incoming attacks from all angles.
At all costs, do your best to avoid running in open areas as doing so will make you easily visible to opponents. Stay in cover as much as you can. If you find yourself needing to make a cross-country journey ensure you stay close to cover throughout the trek (hugging buildings for example).
Unlimited sprint makes it easier to get where you’re going more quickly so don’t leisure!
One small technique I use to be incognito is to lie in bushes. This is why I don’t use the bush disguise item as it could be spotted more easily since I’d be a larger target.
Many times, you can camp in a bush and even with your head exposed will see enemies walk right on by (easy targets).
While this isn’t the most honorable way to earn a kill, if you’re on low health and can’t sustain taking any damage, what’s a better way to ensure a turnaround?